Saturday, October 3, 2009

10

i made a change of plans to my schedule this week. it rained 3 straight days. not like the - refreshing rain that is great to run in - but the freezing cold, pouring kind of rain. i decided to skip the 6 miler this week and i ran 10 instead of 8 today. it was 50 degrees and misting the whole time, but i felt good and kept an even pace the whole time.

week 17 is done.
now on to marathon week.
this week 3,4,2, and on sunday - 26.2
i can't believe it's almost here!

9 comments:

Much Ado said...

Wanted to pop in and say that I hope you have a great race! Looking forward to reading all about it!

Kate said...

wow! the final stretch! so exciting!

Terri said...

Wow is right! the time as flown by, well at least for us on the outside looking in ;D I can't wait to read all about it!
BTW are you planning to run with your friends the entire distance or are you all trying to meet your own goal times?

Wendy said...

It has gone by fast.
We're planning on just seeing how it goes, but most likely we will seperate at some point since everyone feels good at different points. I'm not focusing too much on a goal time, just to finish well. We'll see what the day brings. :)

Lindsay said...

sounds like the decision to skip the rain and run 10 instead worked out well! i'm sure avoiding the chilly rain also kept you from an inevitable cold right before race day.

have a great taper week and good luck sunday!

Charisa said...

Good luck! I love your picture on your header - beautiful! Do you know where it was taken? Makes me want to go running :)

Wendy said...

I'm not sure. It was just a free header I found online. :)

Kimberly said...

Wendy, I wish you a wonderful race experience! That is an amazing accomplishment,(I know you've done it before, but it's still amazing!):)

Keri said...

I saw the forecast for Sunday in Chicago, you are going to have great weather for running! Much better than the 2007 Chicago marathon! I am sending all of my energy to you this weekend! I will be thinking about you on Sunday and Saturday night hoping you can sleep!