Tuesday, October 6, 2009

3

ran 3 in 47 degrees, very windy and sprinkling. my legs are numb and so are my ears. the sad thing is sunday is going to be even colder! i got an email today saying conditions will be "less than ideal" at the start - upper 30's.
so, the outfit i had planned to wear is no longer. now i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to wear. i really want to wear shorts. hmmm...
let's hope for calm wind on sunday...in the "windy city" is that possible??

8 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I'm sorry for you - chilly and windy is hard to run in.

This is the same marathon that was so hot a year or two ago, isn't it?

Wendy said...

it's been hot the last 2 years. in 2007 it was eventually stopped because of the heat.

it will be fine, i'll be ready to give what i have that day!

Terri said...

Love your attitude Wendy. I do think you are wise to go prepared for various unpredictable weather conditions. Based on how the heat was such a risk last year the cooler weather will be better. Lets just hope for low winds!

Kim said...

Have an awesome time! You are so ready and I know you will do great!!!

Kate said...

Life is all about extreme's just like the weather, huh?! Can you do tights? I wore those for the half last Thanksgiving here since it was in the upper 30's at start and was comfy the whole time. Praying and cheering for you girlfriend!!!

Wendy said...

so true, Kate!
yep, i'm running in nike capri's. they are new and i've never run in them, so hopefully that will go well. :)

Keri said...

I love my Nike capris! Good Luck!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Just stopped by to wish you well at the marathon. Looking forward to reading your race report. Hope you have a great marathon run! : )