Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012

i've been thinking about the new year and so far i've decided on two things i want to do.
one - run marathon #5. not sure where yet, but most likely it will be in the fall. it's just too hard for me to train here in the winter. plus, i really like running the 1/2 in june.
i'm still hoping to run the marathon with my blogging friends, kate and terri!

two - spend less time on the computer. it's funny how easy it is for it to be the first thing i run to when i have free time, but i know i could be spending that time on more important things. so, i've decided to start with saying goodbye to the blog. i will still read some blogs, but i plan to cut back on the frequency and number of that too.
many of you that read here are friends with me on facebook, so we can keep in touch that way. if we're not friends there, and you want to be, let me know.
thanks so much for reading and cheering me on to several finish lines! i'm so thankful for the many friendships i've made here. ♥

14 comments:

Terri said...

Oh Wendy running with you and Kate would just make my year! I hope we can work something out, if not this year then soon. I have been re-evaluating too the time spent(wasted) on-line when I could be doing so many "better" things. I'm glad we can at least stay in touch through FB. I look forward to pressing on with you sister!

Wendy said...

Me too! Thanks, Terri!

misszippy said...

Funny--just posted a look at my 2012. I guess it's a good time for us all to reflect and look ahead!

Much Ado said...

Wow, can you believe you are going for a 5th Marathon, I remember when you did your 2nd one! That is awesome - if you do it with Terri and Kate, I hope someone will blog it! :)

Totally understand about cutting back on online time, I am also doing the same, I have cut down my google reader, my instagram (who I follow), spending less time on pinterest and I am thinking my blog will go next.

I will really miss your blog, you were one of the first I started following all those years ago! I have always admired your faith, love for family and your running has inspired me too. So glad you are on fb though.

Wendy said...

Thanks, Jane! I have loved getting to know you through this. I still remember standing at the Chicago marathon starting line praying for you as you got to meet your sweet daughter that day. I'm so glad we can keep it touch!

Yes, I'm sure someone will blog about the fall marathon. I'll post some pictures on facebook too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there's Facebook to help us keep in touch!

Stacy said...

I understand about wanting to spend less time on the computer, but I'll miss checking in on you here! (((blessings to you and hugs)))

Wendy said...

Thanks, Stacy! You're on my google reader. :)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I hope you have fun at the half and get a chance to do the fall marathon! I don't have a facebook acct so I'll miss you and miss reading your posts!

Wendy said...

I'll still be reading your blog, Tina! :)

Beth said...

I'll miss your blog, Wendy, but I hope all of your dreams for 2012 and beyond come true.

Wendy said...

Thanks, Beth! I'll keep in touch through your blog.

Keri said...

Wendy! I will miss your blog, but am glad that we can stay in touch on Facebook!

Kate said...

oh girl, i totally understand this!

we'll definitely make that marathon happen - THIS year! that's my goal! ha!

and jane, i'll blog it! :)