this week looked like this:
monday - 6 miles - felt amazing! wish i would have had time to run longer.
tuesday - softball practice - lots of fun, until i pulled a muscle in my right leg. ugh.
wednesday - 3 miles - very sore, but somehow i managed to get through it.
thursday - 3.4 miles - still sore, but my leg felt quite a bit better.
saturday - planning on 10. supposed to be perfect weather for it. the only hard part will be fitting it in. in the morning, we are cheering a friend's daughter on at her soccer game, then going to a baseball game, and graduation parties for friends all afternoon.
6 more days until my baby turns 7. not sure where those 7 years went. she wants a princess castle cake.
i'm hoping to make something like this:
(found here, of course).
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. what a privilege it is to be a mother!
being a mom is one of the most
challenging, yet amazing jobs ever. there is nothing like a
child to cause you to fall on your knees at the feet of our Heavenly
Father pleading for help. sometimes I get so overwhelmed with my
responsibility as a mom. it is a job that no matter how good my
intentions, or how hard I try, i can't do on my own. i need the help of my Heavenly
Father. everyday.
I lift my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

4 comments:
That cake looks like it would be fun to make. Only 3 weeks to until the 1/2? That's exciting!
Happy mothers day to you Wendy! I too get overwhelmed at times especially when I consider the inner life of my kids and how I can really mess up not training from the heart. I love that verse, one of my favorites and a great reminder of how where my real strength come from.
spoken truth! beautiful verse to remind us we are not doing it alone!
hope the 10 miler went well today (if you found the time to do it!)
What a fabulous cake. My youngest turns 7 this summer and I was just lamenting today how quickly it all went.
Happy Mothers Day!
Post a Comment