it was a FAST 5 miles tonight. i ran with my friend and she is speedy! it was good for me to get out of my nice-slow-comfortable pace though. i felt pretty great once we got going. i think it helped that i took a couple days off and the break was probably good for my leg too. it's hard to take days off, but i know if i don't, i will injure myself and not be able to run at all.
it feels like fall here lately and i'm loving it! i have a 10 mile race planned at the end of september, along with the half marathon in october, and a 7 mile cross-country race in november. i'm looking forward to all of it!
2 comments:
You are inspiring me to strap on my running shoes. I love to power walk, but running--well, it is a work in progress.
Sophia
Your post reminds me of when I used to run on my lunch break with a co-worker who was faster than I. She really challenged me - I could definitely feel the difference between my slower, comfortable pace vs her faster speed.
I love running - it makes you feel so physically fit, and young :-)
Post a Comment