Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4

had a babysitter this morning. ran 4 miles and went to the store for 4th of july goodies. i even found smoke bombs, which the kids love!

remember the lightweight shoes that i bought? well, i've been experimenting - running in my old ones for awhile to see if my shin pain went away. and, it did. today i ran in my new ones and i had the same pain again. so...i'm thinking i will run in my other ones for awhile and see what happens.

did i tell you that i signed up for a 10k on the 11th? it's at night and a really fun one. i'm looking forward to running it!

yesterday i went to the dermatologist to get tested for skin cancer (a small spot near my chin). i should hear back w/results in a week. it sounds like if it is that, it is easy to treat and is localized (doesn't spread anywhere else). it probably wasn't the best idea to sit on my friend jenny's roof sunbathing in high school for hours. no sunscreen. we just wanted a great tan. another reminder that the choices you make when you are young, do matter.

praying for kim to heal quickly and for jane's adoption.

4 comments:

Much Ado said...

Will definitely be praying about your test results. Praying that it will all be clear. Though it is reassuring to know also that it would be easy to treat, but praying it won't come to that. I did a lot of sunbathing in high school too, without suncream - there wasn't the same awareness back then I think.

Good that you still have your old pair but I really hope that resolves with the new pair - is it too late to change them?

Thanks so much for your prayers about the adoption, it is beginning to feel more and more real as we get nearer.

Great you are signed up for a 10k. I wish we had more races here, I love the buzz of a race.

Kim said...

I will be praying about your test results, too. I am in the sun a lot and have been all of my life. That is always a scary thing.

Have fun at the 10k...a night time cool run sounds fun!

Thank you for your prayers. I went on a short test walk this morning and it is still there, not as sharp pain, but dull achiness that tells me I need to rest quite a bit more. I do not want to reinjure(is that a word?) anything.

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for praying!

Yes, unfortunately it is too late to return the shoes. :(

Kate said...

you could sell the shoes on ebay ;)

i'll be in prayer for your test results. i just went two weeks ago for my yearly mole check. i am in the sun all the time and still love being tan... so not good i know!