alarm set for 6:00 a.m. - i ended up waking up at 5:00 and couldn't get back to sleep.
i met amy at her house and we were off. i felt so good today. when i was done i felt
like i could have run more. ahhh, i love days like that! i need to run 6 tomorrow and
then week 8 of training will be done. next week marks the half way point! it has gone so
fast.
i talked to someone this week about marathons. it was an interesting conversation.
some people (maybe most?) just don't understand why in the world someone would
train week after week and then pay to run a brutal 26.2 miles. i found it hard to explain.
there are so many things i love about it, but all seem hard to explain to someone that doesn't
like running, or hasn't experienced the joys of it.
8 comments:
Great job!
Glad your long run went so well and you could have run farther!
Working hard because you want to and finding it fun (rewarding, actually) - it's hard to describe. You're right!
ha! i just read in chapter 1 of hal's marathon book about how he overhead some lady at a race say "and to think they pay to do this"... i loved that chapter. it's the mystique of the marathon! i'm looking forward to seeing that mystique revealed!
Aren't those the greatest runs?! The ones that leave you wanting more?
http://www.momshomerun.blogspot.com
It's so true that being passionate about running is hard to explain to someone who doesn't get the same high from it. Congrats on being half way done with your training. That's a good feeling.
I always think that getting to the point of the half marathon in training is HUGE! Hard to believe you are almost half way through your training already!
I agree with what you say about trying to explain about running a marathon and how great it is!
I just finished the San Francisco Marathon last week and at mile 23, I was asking myself why I was doing! Sure enough the next day, I was already talking about the next one!
Great Job Wendy on 13 miles! I can't believe you are at the half way point already. Sounds like you are well on your way to a great marathon day in October.
Post a Comment