today i spent the day with my friend angela. we went shopping and to lunch and coffee with no kids. it was wonderful! i love love love my kids, but it was a much needed break for me. it had been one of those tough weeks - lots of complaining and bickering about school, and i was just feeling exhausted and worn out. angela was the perfect person to spend time with today. she has a way of seeing that opens my eyes to ordinary amazing grace. too often I miss it. i don’t see all the good things that He is giving me. i have been thinking about this, and have decided to join and possibly blog about it for 2011. i am indeed, showered with grace, and i want to recognize it more than i have been.
5 comments:
Sometimes it's good to get that break that we all need and then return refreshed and ready to tackle anything. It makes us better moms when we take the time we need to recharge. Whether it's through a run, lunch with a friend, a book on the patio... I at least need it almost daily!
I love the thousand list thing. We made lists as a family last week and I was amazed at the things my kids came up with. Gratitude really does make us happy with what we've been blessed with.
I totally understand how stressful it can be just being a mom. The past two weeks have been stressful for me too. I would love to have a grown up lunch date with a friend:) I am glad that you were able to relax and have some fun with no kids!
we all need a break - glad you got one and enjoyed it thoroughly!
Hi I just stumbled upon your blog via Beth K's I think - love your gratitude attitude!
A break is always a good thing. Glad you got one! The gratitude things at Ann's place...it is a great thing for me. I don't manage to get it posted every week, but it certainly reminds me of my blessings and helps with my attitude.
Post a Comment