Monday, April 11, 2011

how do you tie your running shoes? do you use any of these methods? Or, do you use something like this?
this is how i always have mine (double knotted and tucked under). they stay out of the way, and i never have a problem with them coming untied.
sometimes small things make big differences.

::friday - 3.5 miles
::saturday - planned on 7, but the loop ended up being 8. i used the run a mile/walk a minute method.
it was my longest run outside in quite awhile.
::sunday - rest day.

9 comments:

Maia said...

I've never tucked them in, but I really like the idea! I will try it!

Terri said...

I tie mine the regular way. I have never tried tucking in my laces;) Noticed your great pacing times on the last post! You know I have a friend who walk/runs full marathons and he is super fast! For some people this method works really well.

Jen said...

I like that! I've never tried tucking them in before. But I do the double knotted thing. I hate making stops for shoelaces!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yay for your long run!!!

I just double-knot now, but I've done special ties when I had foot/shoe trouble.

Anonymous said...

I double knot the laces. In the past I have used special lacing methods, but once I got shoes that fit better, viola...no issues!!

Kate said...

i just tie the regular way... these are actually good to know! sometimes my laces come undone and i have to stop to re-tie. i like the idea of tucking them under.
yay on the 8 miler!! i usually take a minute to walk after a mile on long runs over 10 miles. it totally refreshes my legs!

Lindsay said...

i've tucked them in near my ankles (into the shoe) but never like this - your idea is much better! i also have those zip-lace-thingies. i forget what they're called. i haven't tried those yet though.

Alicia said...

I'm gonna try this on my kids!

Beth said...

Wow, that is quite a tie! I am obviously underperforming when I tie my shoes as I just tie them. I better improve my game! Congrats on your long run!