yesterday was my all time worst run ever. i finished, but definitely not with a good time.
it was humid.
i had to stand in a porta potty line for 10 minutes at mile 3. i kept waiting for a shorter line, but they were all long.
at that point, i knew any time goal i had was gone. then at mile 6, my right leg (the one that i've had off and on pain with) was hurting really bad. i actually almost considered dropping out at that point, which i've never done. somehow i made it to the finish. my average pace ended up being: 12:36. i was hoping for 10 or less, and i knew i could do it. my training had been good. oh well. it was just one of those days.
i'm planning to rest my leg for a few days, and then hopefully start training for twin cities.
10 comments:
Don't let it get you down Wendy. We all have THOSE days/runs/races. Rest up, make sure your leg is healthy and get back on the horse. Proud of you for finishing!
Sorry that it didn't go as you had hoped, but wow!you really persevered. You should be very proud of that. Can't wait to here how your next race goes. :^)
great job finishing even though you weren't feeling great! your next run will be better!
Sorry it was so tough, but you had a few things making it rough so don't feel badly. You finished!
Thanks everyone! I'm planning to take a few days off.
At least you still finished. I've had lots of "those" kind of days too and it stinks when it happens to be during a race. After you rest up for a few days I'll bet you'll be back up and ready to start the marathon training!
we've all had a run go bad! so sorry it was frustrating but really, you finished and that's what counts! way to hang in there as rough as it was. rest up and know a new days is near!
Just found your blog.
Sorry you had a crummy race. I think we all can relate. And hate when you train hard and then its just not your day.
Hang in there...
We all have those days! Don't let it get you down...rub some dirt in it and know that the next one will be better!
Oh, I'm so sorry that you had a bad day. It sounds like it was just that, a bad day, and that you trained well. I had a half marathon like that, where I just felt terrible. I took a little time off to recharge and came back running even better than before. You will come back and do awesome at TC. Great job sticking it out and finishing what you started.
Post a Comment