Monday, June 18, 2012

Marathon Training: Week 2

week 2 of my schedule called for 3, 3, 3, 7.
i ended up running 5, 3, 3, 8. 

monday - ran an extra 2 miles today, since i was feeling so good. 
saw a whole family of racoons in someone's yard; not something you expect to see during the day. weird.

tuesday - 3 (9:12 pace) - felt really good today, even up the hills.

thursday - 3 - ran my normal 3 mile loop, which is getting a little boring. i need to find a new route or run it backwards or something to mix it up a little.

sunday - 8 - (kept it under 10 min. miles) i didn't get a chance to run until after church, so i ended up running during the hottest part of the day. stopped once for water at the gas station. i need to figure out what to do for water. i got rid of my fuel belt because i didn't like wearing it and carrying the extra weight. i think i will look for a small hand held one to carry with me on longer runs. i saw one the other day that had a pocket for gels, which would be nice.

on to week 3: 3, 4, 3, 5. it's going to be super hot here this week. need to run early and stay hydrated!

6 comments:

Kate said...

great running!!

nathan makes a great handheld. the new quickshot (10oz) has a pocket and the 22oz quickdraw has one too. i like both of them. i have the older 10oz one with no pocket. they fit my hand much better than the fuel belt little ones.

Wendy said...

Thanks, Kate! I will check those out.

Anonymous said...

Awesome training week! Keep it up!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Running it literally backwards would certainly make it less boring! I ran beside a runner doing that at the Seattle marathon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good week!
I'm super frustrated with all my hydration options. I found something I like best so far: a fuel belt mini bottle tucked into my soft Oakley sunglasses wrap. It's easy to hold on to, and I can use it to wipe sweat!

Wendy said...

So true, Tina! I'd probably fall on my first attempt though. :)