Week 3 called for: 3, 4, 3, 5.
monday - the girls rode their bikes by me while i ran 3. it was super humid already at 10 a.m. when we went. i was so proud of them for sticking it out, even up the hills.
wednesday - went to the track to run 4 miles. the kids had fun counting my laps, and running up and down the football field while i ran. the weather was great, and it was fun to run on track that i ran on in high school (usually the 800, 4x800, 1500, and 3000).
walked 4 miles that evening with my friend amanda.
friday - 3 miles. trying to mix up my 3 mile route. i tried a new one today, which was a nice change. i also ran with sunglasses for, i think, the first time ever. i still prefer hats to sunglasses, but it worked fine.
sunday - 92 degrees - a very hot and sweaty 5 miles. i was drenched and tired. came home and drank tons of water.
on to week 4: 3, 4, 3, 9
10 comments:
I wear sunglasses and a hat most of the time. I imagine running on that track brought back memories. Looks like a good week of training!
Yeah for a successful training week!!! Your body will adjust to the heat soon and then the long runs don't seem that bad. Oh and once falls come around, you will be so fast!
You're amazing. I finally got a new bike (first since I was a kid) and the kids and I went biking last night. I wished I had sunglasses because I was catching bugs, haha!
That's awesome, Alicia! I hope you enjoy lots of bike rides this summer!
I don't think I would like running with sunglasses. Hats rock, though. :)
Which marathon are you doing this fall?
It must be so tricky to figure out running with older kids! The track and biking along side you are great ideas.
Welcome to Fitness Friday! Great raining week! What marathon are you running?
If you don't mind helping me spread the word about FItness Friday. Please post the Fitness Friday button in your post or on your sidebar. Thanks a bunch!
[Fitness, Health and Happiness]
What marathon are you training for? I'm doing my 1st this fall... :)
YAY!!! I usually wear sunglasses since the sun can bother my eyes some - and gnats fly in on humid days!! GOOD JOB on getting week 3 DONE!
Post a Comment