ran 7 in the rain again. this time it was just misting for most of the time and it felt great. i wish i could say my run was great, but it was pretty mediocre. my route had too many stop lights and i had to stop twice. sometimes it's tough to get going again after stopping. i'm a day behind on my training schedule, but i'm glad to be on schedule for my long runs.
the 1/2 will be here before i know it!
4 comments:
Wendy,it sounds like you're being pretty consistent! I am excited for you. I commented on your blog last year when you were training for your marathon.I ran a half the same day you ran your full. I remember praying for you.
I was just wondering...did you run while pregnant? We have had ourselves a little surprise, just as I've been preparing for two half marathons,one in Oct and one in Nov. I am stunned.Did you do any running when you were expecting your babies?
Thanks.
hi kim! thanks for commenting! yes, i remember you! i've tried to get to your blog, but it's for invited readers only, so i'll comment to you here and hope you see it.
i ran my first marathon in 1999 and then not another one until 2007. i really slacked on running in those years in between (3 kids). i did run, but not very consistently. i didn't run when i was pregnant (just walked). i was always too nervous, even though they say it is safe. i have just come to the conclusion that i will run more in some seasons and less in others and that's ok. being a mom/wife is my main priority.
congratulations on the baby on the way! #4? that is SO exciting! :)
I just love that perspective, it is so biblical. thank you for the encouragement. I think I have just been on one track (no pun intended) about preparing for the races.Now, I am having to change that. I am happy to,it's just I'm getting used to the new reality. It is early, but I thank you for the congratulations.:) We will see what God does with this little person and our family.
Blessings!
p.s. I am a chicken when it comes to my blog.I only use it now for journaling purposes.There are no invited readers,lol! (except my husband.)It's kinda funny but it's just for me to jot down things in reflection for now. I love reading your blog though and am grateful that you allow others the opportunity to hear your ideas and thoughts. I have learned from them.
i totally understand about the blog thing! i think i've had mine for 2 yrs. and i still think about deleting it at times. sometimes i forget real people actually read it. overall though, it has been a great experience for me.
Post a Comment