Monday, May 25, 2009

1.5

1.5??! i set out to run 3 today, but started having some shin splints. quite painful. i decided to walk the last 1.5. saturday is the 20k and i need to make sure i take it easy this week. i think running the 7 miles on friday w/the jogging stroller really took a toll on me. my shoulders have been really tense and now the shin pain. hopefully w/some rest and slower runs this week, it will get better.

i put some new songs on my shuffle today, mostly worship songs.
(Jane - thanks for so many great song ideas!)

6 comments:

Kim said...

I hope your shins start feeling much better!

Much Ado said...

Good decision on walking the last bit, especially with the 20k coming up.

I love getting new songs! Hope you enjoy them. :)

If you have any song suggestions they would be so welcome! I feel like I am on a bit of a loop with my music at the moment. :)

Terri said...

I think taking it easy, especially with the 20k coming up is a smart decision.
I used a baby stroller once and I had the same experience. I couldn't do it for very long let alone 7 miles!
You might want to try and massage your shins it really can help those muscles with recovery. Hope they start to feel better!

Much Ado said...

Just popping back in to say that music wise, I am loving the Compassion Art Album - ALL the songs on it are great. I love running to this Album, it has such a great mix of amazing artists all singing separately and some together.

Wendy said...

Thanks Jane! I will have to look into that one! :)

Kate said...

a few years ago i had bad shoes that gave me terrible shin splints. the past two runs, my left shin has been hurting... i am quite confused as to why! i used to take the outdoor hose and let the cold water soothe them. that used to work great with some light massaging.

i hope it goes away for you (and my left one!) - soon!!