another hot hot 3. the first mile was tough. my right ankle had been hurting some today and i almost decided not to run, but i thought i would give it a try. after the 1st mile it felt much better.
tomorrow is a rest day, so that will be perfect timing.
a few things i want to work on:
- drinking more water during the day (before running).
- stretching better after i run
- healthier eating (no 'pop' - a word just for you, amanda!)/more fruits and vegetables
- not paying so much attention to my pace
- practicing with gels on my long run, to figure out which ones i like best
5 comments:
I would love to hear what you think about gels.....I tried a few but I just couldn't get used to the icky texture!
I am assuming 'pop' is the word you use for soft drinks?
Good goals, Wendy! I can stomach the gels and Gu's, but only if it's vanilla. That seems to be the least offensive. I think they really help give a boost of energy on longer runs.
Definitely drop the pop! The sugar and chemicals are really bad for you and for your bones. Diet soda is even worse, IMO. (Not that I eat a perfect diet, by any means! My weakness is chocolate, dark chocolate, of course!)
I've tried vanilla and I really like it.
Jane - yes, pop is our word for soft drinks. :)
I am thinking of those same goals! My mom said the same thing that mary Ann said; she said cokes are "bone busters" - the carbonation is bad for them. That will be a hard one to drop but once I sent my mind to it, I usually succeed. We'll see though! ;)
GU came out with a new prodcut called GU chomps. Let me just tell you - they are yummmmmmy! Much easier to get down than the gels. I got a sample at our running store but they are not selling them yet. I heard REI has them so I may order some.
Thanks, Kate!
I saw the chomps, but wasn't sure if they would be worth trying or not. I think I will give them a try now.
Post a Comment