Friday, June 5, 2009

slow week

i haven't been running much. everything is so busy. we leave for cali. next week and i've been busy going to the homeschool conference for 2 days. we have been enjoying some time alone. 2 date nights. last night we walked 10 miles (does that count?). 5 miles to the restaurant and 5 miles home. i loved it.
next week (or, the week after - we'll see how it works w/vacation) i'm planning on starting my training for the chicago marathon! i can't believe it's already here. so excited to run it with my sister and my friend amanda!

will catch up with all of you soon...

8 comments:

Much Ado said...

Sounds like you have been having a "good busy" kind of week, I love that. A 10 mile walk definitely counts!!! :) Enjoy your week in CA.

Kim said...

I hope you have a great time in California!

I'm excited to be able and follow you and Amanda's marathon training! I'll be praying for you as you prepare!

Walking 10 miles is definitely a great workout!!! That is a fun idea for a date night.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Your week sounds like me last week - doing good just to get to the Y for 30 min here or there. Today I had a PR for distance, though -- 4.5!!! (for a chubby mama who six months ago was in an aircast, that's pretty good!) Thanks for encouragemeng - P'tree Road Race is 4 weeks away and I'm looking to you and Kate to help me make it! (I also posted a comment on your Race Day post.)

Wendy said...

Great job Jennifer! So proud of you!
Looking forward to hearing about your race!

Kate said...

I'm so proud of Jen too! I am going to run the P'tree Road Race with her - she's going to do awesome!

We had a busy week too with VBS going on. Have a blast in Cali! So beautiful there!

Unknown said...

Yeah! I am so excited!!! I love you!

Day 1 is finished!

Much Ado said...

I am only noticing now that you are running it with your sister! How fun and with Amanda too of course (are you friends through blogging or did you know each other beforehand?)

Wendy said...

friends through blogging - we've never met. :)