Thursday, December 10, 2009

thursday

ran 30 minutes on the treadmill today. it was tough today, i just wasn't feeling it. i kept looking to see if i was at 30 minutes. i think tomorrow i'm going to cover the time with a cloth, so i'm not paying attention to it. will i ever just love running on the treadmill? i seriously doubt it, but i am thankful i have it, especially when it's currently 2 degrees outside!

this weekend we're going to start getting things figured out for our trip to phoenix. we'd love to stop at the grand canyon, if the weather cooperates. it would be so much fun to show the kids places that we've been learning about in our schoolwork. i'd also love to go to bryce canyon, the pictures are amazing!

5 comments:

Keri said...

I am struggling with the treadmill right now as well. Just knowing that I have no choice but to run on the treadmill really makes it tough.

I do cover the treadmill with a towel and do not allow myself to look at it until I am positive I am half way finished. Oh the games I play with my mind!

Glad you were still able to run despite the treadmill!

Lisa said...

That is exactly why I don't like the treadmill. I've covered the display with a towel before but I always peek because it's just so dang boring and I want to get off.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yes, Bryce is so pretty - the orangish rocks/hills! Beautiful! We stayed in Zion at the park lodge, but my favorite place was Bryce. We hiked Angel's Landing and the Narrows in Zion. We stopped at the Grand Canyon, too!

Here's what you do for the TM trouble... Start some job that you dislike - ironing? Stop in the middle to run on the TM. Think about how you'll have to iron when you get done running. Then, you'll never want to get off!!!

Wendy said...

Good idea w/the treadmill, Tina! Yep, it would be ironing. Ugh. :)
I'll have to give that a try.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog when i visited http://ameasureofgrace.blogspot.com/ What a great find! While I am older than you I do try to get regular exercise. Usually walking/SLOW jogging or the Nordic Trak or elliptical in the basement. The latter two are not my favorite, but sometimes I have to use them. I will continue to follow you. Thanks!