Thursday, March 11, 2010

54:365

yesterday when we went to look at the house again, there were 5 deer sitting in the backyard! it was beautiful. it made me love this house even more. it's been quite the week - emotionally. we're still not at a place where we're ready to make an offer. i'm not sure if we will be. if it was just up to me, it would have already happened. but, i know that whatever is decided in the end will be what's best. i'm trying to trust and know that if it was meant to be, things will fall into place. i'm not good at the waiting or not knowing part of anything. it's been hard, but good for me.

in other news, here is the 10 week schedule i am using to get ready for a 20k the beginning of june. it won't look exactly like this; i'm planning to run a 1/2 the end of april, but it gives me something to work with. a plan is a must-have for me.

10 Week Schedule

SUN

MON

TUE

WED

THU

FRI

SAT

TOTAL

Easy

Easy

Easy

Easy

Easy

Easy

Moderate

Week 1

3-4

3-4

3-4

3-4

3-5

0

5

20/26

Week 2

3-4

3-4

3-5

3-5

3-5

0

6

21/29

Week 3

3-5

3-4

4-5

3-5

4-5

0

7

24/31

Week 4

3-5

4-5

3-5

3-5

4-5

0

8

25/33

Moderate


Moderate

Week 5

3-5

5 Tempo

6

3-5

4-5

0

8

29/34

Week 6

3-5

5 Tempo

5

4 x 800m (6miles)

4-6

0

10

33/37

Week 7

3-4

5 Tempo

5

6 x 800m (8miles)

3-5

0

8

32/35

Week 8

4-6

5 Tempo

6

6 x 800m (8miles)

4-5

0

10

37/40

Week 9

4-6

5 Tempo

6

6 x 800m (8miles)

3-5

0

6

32/36

Week 10

3-4

3-4

5

4-5

3-5

0

12.4!

30.4/35.4

6 comments:

Keri said...

I am with you, that would have made me what it more. It probably would have helped win my husband over more too. :)

Great training plan! I am excited to hear about your training.

Jen said...

I'm not good at waiting either.
And I'm like you, I need a plan to follow. I feel lost without one!

Beth said...

Looks like a beautiful home. I hope whatever makes you happy comes to pass. I like your training plan!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

The plan looks great! You've got your tempo runs, speedwork and a long runs, too. Running the half will be fun!

Not knowing what the future holds is hard. That's when I have to just try not to worry, to see all of the good things that are in my life right now and to be thankful. I know what that's like.

And seeing the deer - wow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house and the 1/2. I believe patience is key when house hunting; personal experience...both as a buyer, seller and former realtor! Good Luck!!!

Kate said...

Ok, who cued the deer to walk by!! :) That's awesome! Waiting is the hardest thing for me too, but when i count my blessings the anxieties quickly subside.