Thursday, April 16, 2009

5

66 degrees today. a beautiful day!

distance: 5 miles
pace: 9.27
i finally figured out how to calculate average pace on my garmin.

it has been hard to get miles in this week. yesterday i was dressed and ready to run, but it just never worked out. thankfully, today a friend offered to watch the kids. we're hoping to take turns watching each other's kids from time to time.

i'm hoping to run 8 sometime this weekend. my friend amy said she would bike by me. i feel safer doing that for my longer runs, since i don't have someone to run with. and, especially since running by myself has been a problem in the past.

btw, have you seen jane's running blog? i love the eric liddell quote she has in her sidebar:
"When I run I feel His pleasure." so true, i love that!

3 comments:

Much Ado said...

66 degrees is perfect for running (I had to check the conversion chart!) isn't it? And I guess we all get days when runs just don't happen! :)

Hope your 8 miler goes well this weekend.

Terri said...

I've been in the same situation, dressed all day for a run but circumstances dictated otherwise. I hope you can work out something with your friend and get your 8 in this weekend.
I love Jane's new running blog and getting to know Jane as well. I'm gonna totally steal her Liddell quote onto my blog;)
Have a great weekend!

Kate said...

I LOVE that quote! I love his testimony and of course the movie! :)