Thursday, May 28, 2009

4

i took the last 2 days off to let my shins recover.
the first 2 miles tonight were tough. i was in some pain again. i stopped twice to loosen my shoe laces. finally i got them where i wanted them and my next 2 miles were much better. during the last mile i started crying while listening to "i will rise." i don't recommend crying while running, it makes it really hard to breathe.

pace: 9:21

i am hopeful about saturday, although i know i could be in some pain again too. we'll see how it goes. i am taking tomorrow off. i can tell i need the rest.

thanks so much for all who read and encourage me! i will be praying for each of you during the race.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Praying that you'll be able to run, with minimal pain and no further damage.

Much Ado said...

Praying your race will go well and that your shins won't bother you. Were you crying from the pain or the music? I find myself choked up at times whilst running because of the music I am listening to.

Terri said...

I've shed a few tears while listening to certain songs or praying while running. Although I don't do it often its one of the things that makes running such a blessing. To be in tune with the spiritual aspect. I will pray for you this weekend.

Wendy said...

Jane, It was because of the words in the song. :)

Kim said...

I'll be praying that your pain will be better...or gone and that the race will go well for you!