i've only run once this week and it didn't go very well.
i'm sitting here waiting for my husband to get back from running, so i can go.
it's already 7, so it will have to be a short run. it will be dark soon.
************************************************************************************
i ended up doing 5. it was a much better run tonight and perfect weather. my first 2 miles didn't feel the best, but that is totally normal for me. a few things i worked on tonight were keeping my arms low, using my arms more, and thinking about my mantra "i love hills." you'll have to try saying it as you run up a hill, it works!
pace: 9:40
3 comments:
I love reading this blog...it inspires me :)
I ran 3 tonight, and hilly course and didn't walk once! I'm learning to attack the hill and then ease my pace to recover, rather than walking.
Baby steps... :)
i just read about having a mantra on the "runner dude's blog"! i need to come up with one. i like yours! and i'm glad you got your run in and feel BETTER! :)
I always struggle with the first 2 miles as well. Great mantra for the hills, I'll have to try that, all my runs have hills and there is one hill that I have yet to run up (it is so steep and I always have to walk it).
Great pace for 5 miles and hills! :)
Post a Comment