Monday, January 11, 2010

blah, blah, blah

the belt on my treadmill is looking pretty bad. thankfully, there is a replacement belt. we ordered it this weekend, and i am anxiously awaiting being able to run again. i'm hoping to surpass my 1,000 miles from 2009, but i'm not off to a very good start so far.

we're back to school here today after 2 1/2 weeks off. i expect some resistance.

i can't get this out of my head, some of the things she said have stuck with me. i am especially wanting to focus on serving with joy.

4 comments:

Much Ado said...

I listened to this a while back whilst running and cried for a good part of it - definitely a powerful message and testimony. Very challenging.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Don't worry about not running much yet. There's lots of time left in the year and you've been busy making memories on that fun vacation anyway.

Hope the rest of your school year goes well with lots of learning accomplished!

Anonymous said...

I have not had a chance to listen to the link you had today...I started to listen the first day you mentioned it. I will make time this week. Good luck with your mileage for the year. But I agree with Tina...you made some memories. Kids never forget the memories. My son is 21 and he still talks about trips we took when he was growing up.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

i discovered this from carolyn mahaney's blog last year - very convicting. let's pray we can all serve with joy better this year!