Sunday, February 28, 2010

40:365

::enjoying the day in cozumel, mexico

home from a week away. we went on a cruise to cozumel, mexico and belize. the weather wasn't ideal, but we had a great time and it was nice to be away from the snow. it was mostly rainy and windy, but we did have a few breaks in the weather and we took full advantage of it. i ended up putting in 26 miles this week too, which was so nice. the treadmills in the fitness center were at the front of the ship, facing the ocean. it was so wonderful. a couple times i had to hold on though because the ship would move and you felt like you were going to fly off the treadmill.

we went to the beach (even though it was mostly rainy) and to some botanical gardens in cozumel. in belize we went on a tour of the mayan ruins and the rainforest.

i'll be sharing pictures over the next couple days.
now back to reality. lots of laundry to do. kids to snuggle. groceries to buy.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely -- even with all the rain. I bet you have some great pictures from the ruins!

Kate said...

saw your pics- they were gorgeous! glad you had some alone time to refresh and rejuvenate! and WTG on the 26 miles on vacay! you rock!

Lindsay said...

oooh how luxuriously lovely... i am envious :)

i <3 belize! looks like you had a great time, loved all the pics.

Jodi said...

How fun! Quite a difference from all your snow pics. :) I think I would have run 26 miles too if that was the view I had! (26 miles is a LOT for me.) ;) Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I just saw one picture yesterday...glad I found the rest of the posts about your trip. Great pix and sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Keri said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Beautiful photos!

Jen said...

What a great vacation even if the weather wasn't perfect! I love all your pictures. Looks like so much fun! So different than the snow! Glad you had a good time! And way to go getting your exercise in on the ship!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You're back! Looks like a fun vacation! Lots of good pics!