Wednesday, September 29, 2010

this weekend i ran 6. i actually paid attention to my training schedule, and did what it said! i started running with a lady i met through bre's gymnastics. she is much faster than me and has run several ultra marathons (we're definitely not on the same level), but we're planning to run together on her slower days. i got up this morning and ran 4 miles with her at 6:30 a.m. we kept our pace at 9:20. it felt pretty good. i'm going to try to run a couple times a week in the morning, even though it is so hard to get out of bed!

i'm supposed to run 9 miles for my long run this weekend, 10 the following week, and the next week will be the 1/2!

6 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

9:20 is a good clip! It's smart to run with someone faster than you sometimes - it will motivate you to speed up and the time will go by faster.

AM! said...

Hi there!
like the new bloggy look;-)

and VERY cool you found an ultra gal runner to run with! That will help immensely!

Anonymous said...

Getting up in the morning to exercise is sooo hard for me! I like to exercise about...10 a.m...when I am supposed to be at work! Good luck on the long runs coming up!

Keri said...

Yay for a running buddy! I wish I lived near you, I would run the nine with you this weekend.

Wendy said...

I would love that, Keri! Wish we were closer!

Beth said...

Great job with your running! It's wonderful to have a running partner and it sounds like guys are a good match. Thanks so much for thinking about me this week. I really appreciate it! :)