Tuesday, September 21, 2010

update

remember my friend sherri? i wrote about her here and here.
she has been training all spring and summer, and is running her first marathon in less than 4 weeks!! she has  lost 90lbs. and is doing great.
i am so proud of her! i'll be running the 1/2, and then sticking around to cheer her on to the finish for the full. what an amazing moment that will be in her life! not just because she will have finished a marathon, but because of what that represents in her life. she has overcome so many things. most of all, i love that all her running has been chasing after the Lord and seeking to live a life that glorifies Him.

6 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yes, I do remember! Losing 90 lbs. is quite an accomplishment - yay for Sherri!

Kate said...

i am so proud of her! i can't wait to hear how it goes. :) i'll pray for her on race day :)

Anonymous said...

What a friend you are...I read the two previous post about her. You did a 1/2 a week after a full?!? Congrats to her for such positive lifestyle changes. Can't wait to hear how the marathon goes!!

Keri said...

Wow! This is such a great story! Please wish her so much luck on my behalf. I will be thinking of her on race day.

I am so excited for your half this year too. I hope you have fun running it.

Beth said...

Good luck to both of you! Losing 90 pounds is an amazing accomplishment and running a marathon will be a great celebration. It will be a wonderful day for both of you!

Lindsey said...

Wow, Sherri is awesome!! You're great for being such a great friend, and she is totally inspiring. I can't wait to hear about her marathon!