Tuesday, September 29, 2009

4

beautiful day today - 63. it has really cooled off here and definitely feels like fall. i'd like it to be cool for the marathon, but not freezing and please not hot. i'm not asking too much, right?!

i felt great tonight. i can tell my legs are getting rested up. i ran faster than normal (close to 9 min. miles). i think it is because i am antsy w/running less and thinking about the marathon coming up. hard to believe it is only 11 days away! i started packing a few things into my suitcase already.

i need to make a trip to goodwill to get some warm clothes i can put over what i will be running in, then when i warm up i will toss them to the side. i already packed some gloves that i can wear at the start, if i need to. and, i started making my list of the 26 people i will be praying for.

i'm still feeling some pain in my toe, which makes me a little nervous. if it hurts for 4 miles, i can't imagine what it will feel like after 26.2 miles! BUT, we'll just see. maybe it will get healed up enough by then. i'm not going to worry about it. i will just run w/what i am given on october 11th. you never know how you are going to feel, no matter how you have trained. perfect training does not equal a perfect race. and, my training has been good, but not perfect. the goal is to finish and have fun! i do have a number in my head that i would like to finish in, but i'm not going to let it make or break how i feel about this marathon.

6 comments:

Much Ado said...

Oh, I am so excited for you!!!! Your approach to the marathon is so level headed, you are wise. You will do GREAT! I just know it!

Can't wait to read all about it when we get back from China (by the way, you run the day we get our daughter!!).

Wendy said...

That's awesome! I will be thinking about you guys on that day for sure!

Keri said...

I am excited for you as well! I know you are going to kick some booty!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I had some pain just before my last marathon and didn't know if I'd be able to run, but I never had pain during the marathon. : ) Maybe the rest the week before the marathon took care of my problem. I hope it does for you, too!

Sonal Modisette said...

i am caught up in your excitement - I remember how I felt during the weeks leading up to my marathon - i think there is even a term for it (marathon madness?)... every ache and pain is amplified (I hope your toe feels better) and I was terrified that I was going to get swine flu or something and not be able to run - totally irrational :)

good luck!! will be following your updates.

Momma Tigress said...

Wow I love the idea of praying for someone each mile! It makes it their mile and not yours... Your so inspiring! I think im going to have to steal that idea for my Half Marathon that im running on Thanksgiving. :)