Monday, September 7, 2009

5

beginning of week 14 (5,9,5,14)
i ran 5 tonight. the first mile was pretty tough, so i walked a little. after that, my legs loosened up and i ended up having a good run.
i've been reading a lot lately about the benefits of drinking chocolate milk after a long run.
here is one, and another, and another...these are just a few. i found so many!
i think i will give it a try after my long run this week.

9 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Like you said in that last comment, I do drink chocolate milk a lot after I run. They say it's good for you and I like it, too. Can't beat that!

Chic Runner said...

I LOVE chocolate milk after running! You should totally give it a try. It tastes so good and I do think it helps out a lot!

Much Ado said...

Mmmm, drinking chocolate after running - I LOVE that kind of advice! :)

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, do you have any idea how happy this makes me? I LOVE chocolate milk, and now might have to try it after a long run! Thanks for sharing!

PS- thanks for stopping by!

Kate said...

I read those too and got the tip from Tina. What are you mixing it with? I bought Nestle Quick but not sure if there's one out there with less sugar?

Wendy said...

I'm going to try drinking it plain first.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I don't know which ones have less sugar, but Carnation malted milk tastes good and I just bought Ovaltine chocolate malted powder(15g sugar in 4 Tbsp - don't think I use that much). My husband doesn't like it, but I do.

Wendy, what do you mean "plain"? Might be something I should try.

Wendy said...

skim chocolate milk.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I like chocolate milk made with skim milk. And I checked, I use about 2 Tbsp powder in my milk when I use Ovaltine so I guess that is about 7 gm of sugar.