Tuesday, February 9, 2010

32:365

yes, that's the look of excitement! good times, i tell ya!

ran 3 miles on the treadmill this morning. running on a treadmill really makes me respect the mile. it is not easy. how can a speed of 6.0 only be a 10 minute mile? this chart has got to be wrong, or maybe my treadmill is just super fast. or, maybe the truth just hurts.

after running, i headed out for workout #2. an hour worth of shoveling. according to this, i burned just over 300 calories. weird that i actually looked it up, but whatever keeps me motivated, i guess.

i'd like to have a vanilla latte today, but i won't.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the link for the pace conversions. I always did the math in my head and never thought to look it up online.

Seeing that picture make me glad that I live in CA.

Suzy said...

Snow, snow and more snow. Shoveling is a great all body workout. I miss all the snow everyone south of us is getting.

Treadmills can be brutal and yes, 6.0 is a 10 min mile. Sucks, doesn't it?

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

That looks like a lot of work! I hope you could at least treat yourself to some hot tea afterwards.

That's just what I've thought about my TM! 6mph/10 min. mile feels harder on my TM than it does outside. I don't know if my TM runs fast or if I'm just imagining it.

Kate said...

exactly! that is why i dread the tread! 6.0 speed and i am wiped. after 4 miles at that pace, i feel like i ran 6 at a fast pace. don't get it...

i miss snow. shoveling and all. i know it's a pain, but it's so pretty. hang in there - spring is around the corner!

Anonymous said...

That is some serious snow!! I hear we may get some serious snow this week. My husband has ran 23 marathons and made me a conversion chart years ago so I could figure out when he would be at each mile depending on his pace. I am 2 for 3 on the exercise challenge I signed on for on Sunday. Good luck...Katy is right, spring will be here eventually!

Lindsay said...

i can't say i'd be excited about shoveling snow either!! i am sure it's a good workout - my arms get sore from raking leaves... kinda sad :)

i am allergic to soy (/soybean/soybean oil/anything 'soy'), nuts (all nuts), and beans (all beans). the nuts and beans are easier to avoid than soy - it's hidden in many things.

you don't eat pb b/c your son is allergic? is it that severe, or do you just do it to make it easier on everyone. just curious my friend's son has bad food allergies and if you simply touch a food and then touch his skin he will break out. scary!

Wendy said...

we're not really sure how severe it is. he has an epipen and every time he is retested he reacts a lot to the prick test of peanuts. we just don't keep it in the house to be safe.

Jen said...

I hear you on the treadmill. It seems so much harder than running outside. And that is a lot of snow!

Keri said...

Ugh...snow!

I am starting to like the treadmill more, I feel like it makes me stronger.

I ran my 16 miler at 6.3 and upped it from there. I ended running the last two miles at 6.8 or 6.9. It took me just under 2:30.

I can only run these distances on the gym treadmill where there are distractions. I struggle running on my treadmill in my basement.