it was a busy weekend, which seems to be the theme here these days. ☻ it has been hard to find time to run. i did go today. i ran 5 miles in 90 degrees + humidity. i was planning to go longer, but i cut it short after getting lightheaded. i had water with me, but i also haven't run in 2 weeks. the first 2 miles i felt great, even with the heat, so that was encouraging. i was running under 8:30 miles - pretty speedy for me.
this weekend we made some progress on the house. we finished switching the hardware in the kitchen. here's a picture of the island now...so much better!

we also switched all the brass knobs on the closet doors and door handles to aged bronze. it was a little pricey, but i think it made a huge difference.

hopefully next weekend we can paint our bedroom. we haven't moved our furniture in there yet because we didn't want to try to paint around it. the color above the staircase in this picture shows what color we're thinking of painting it.
(*picture from here)
5 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the well wishes on my marathon. They are much appreciated! :) The home improvement project looks GREAT. To be honest I have noooo patience for stuff like that so kudos to you. :)
i LOVE that color for a bedroom. let me know which one you end up choosing (brand/color name). funny how knobs make such a HUGE difference!
Wow, 5 miles in that humidity is good going! I am impressed that you are running in the midst of moving. Love the paint colour by the way!
I love this room...it looks so warm and welcoming:)
I had two faster miles today (but not as speedy as yours!) and then I slowed down. This hot weather just makes me glad I can run at any pace. I like running outside, but am thinking of jumping on the treadmill for a break.
Yes, changing hardware (and lights and fans, too) makes a huge difference!
Post a Comment