Tuesday, May 25, 2010

107:365

::this is a picture of the kid's playset off the deck (neighbor's house in the background). they have a little bouncy bridge, a fireman's pole, and a slide. the square you see near the slide is a latch door that opens up when they climb a ladder from below. they've been having a lot of fun!

last night i pushed megan in the jogging stroller while i ran 3. it was great to spend some time with just her.

later that night our power went off, so we went outside to meet some of the neighbors. we've been wanting to meet more of them, so it was the perfect opportunity. the neighborhood definitely has a different feel for it. in our last neighborhood, everyone knew each other and we'd stand outside and talk for hours. this neighborhood isn't that way. the guy next to us has lived there for 14 years, and he doesn't even know who lives a couple doors down. i think that's probably more the norm nowadays though. i'm excited about getting to know everyone better.

i really want to be very intentional about how we are using our house, and the things God has given us.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Pretty cool set up with plenty for the kids to do. A power outage is a great chance to meet people.

Anonymous said...

Bet the kids do enjoy the playset. I like the intentional comment...I need to think on that. I hope you expand on that thought sometime down the road.

Unknown said...

Sooooo cool! I love it!

Much Ado said...

Great playset, I am sure they will have so much fun with it. I love the last sentence you wrote in this post.

Julie said...

My little boy would love that playset:) It is so beautiful where you live. I love all of the trees:)

Kate said...

i'm so with you on the last sentence too. life's too short to not reach out! what a blast of a backyard!

Lindsay said...

i am really enjoying all the pics of your new place :) so cute and homey!